In both community and academic cancer centers there is a rapid adoption of NGS and other multiplex platforms to interrogate the biology of an individual’s tumor. For each individual patient, vast amounts of data are being generated, annotated with identification of “actionable” targets for therapeutic intervention. The level of evidence for these target-directed therapies ranges from FDA approved therapy directed at that target in that patient population to anecdotal to hypothetical. This panel will review current and future states of molecularly directed therapies and discuss what diagnostic standards and level of evidence need to be generated to justify therapeutic decisions for individual patients.
- Steven Averbuch, MD, VP, Translational Clinical Development & Pharmacodiagnostics, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Anna Barker, PhD, Director, Transformative Healthcare Networks, Arizona State University
- Richard Brian Gaynor, MD, VP, Product Development/Medical Affairs, Eli Lilly and Company
- Steven Gutman, MD, Strategic Advisor, Myraqa
- Michael Kolodziej, MD, National Medical Director, Oncology Strategies, Aetna Ventures, LLC
- Howard I. Scher, MD, Chief, Genitourinary Oncology Service, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
- Kim Zerba, PhD, Group Director, Global Biometric Sciences, Bristol-Myers Squibb
Cancer Progress has an outstanding reputation as the premier annual oncology conference that affords a unique dialogue among 200+ key opinion leaders in the cancer field. Join us as we bring together these top cancer researchers, clinical investigators and senior executives from the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, payer, regulatory and investment arenas. Pivotal topics, frank discussions, vigorous debate, lively audience participation and generous networking combine to make this a highly impactful conference.
The quality of the speaking faculty is a major contributor to the popularity and value of this conference. This year, executives attending the conference will also meet Peter Bach, Anna Barker, Walter Capone, David Curiel, Giulio Draetta, Joel Dudley, Jeffrey Engelman, Jeanne Farrell, David Haslam, Philip Kantoff, Brian Leyland-Jones, Tak Mak, Minesh P. Mehta, H. Ian Robins, Neal Rosen and David Solit, among other prestigious scientists and clinicians.
Our Keynote Speakers
The Song Remains the Same: From Targeted Therapies to a Prerequisite
for Patient Selection
Colin Goddard, PhD, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Coferon Incorporated
A Dialogue: Valuing Value in Oncology
Professor David Haslam, CBE, FRCGO, FRCP, FFPH, Chairman, NICE
Peter Bach, MD, Attending Physician, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center